why can't I right click?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arejay

Baseband Member
pretty simple, I can't right click...I thought it was the mouse, so I bought a new one, and still I can't right click...I've tried both USB ports on the back of the case with the same result...I can left click normally...Any ideas? I've never ad a problem like this before.

i guess I should have stated that, yes. All is well in the control panel for my mouse properties...When I switched to the new mouse it worked for a day or so and then stopped again.

well, it's been a while since i posted this thread, and I still cannot right click...I've tried everything but cant seem to find the culprit...I've googled around for hours and keep finding the same things: context menu, spyware, bad registry keys...but I cant seem to find anythign on my system related to those or anything else that would cause the right click to not work...

Now, the kicker is if I switch the button functions in the mouse properties (i.e make lef button perform right click function) it will show the menu when usng the left button, but the right button will not act as a left button. This is the 2nd mouse I'm trying, and still the same issues...I;ve updated device drivers, removed, reinstalled, rebooted, used different usernames etc. I've run 11ty billion spyware scans, with ewido, avg, and windows defender to no end but still nothing...Any more Ideas?

u might have tried this but see if there are drivers for your mouse or pick up an new one just to check, a new PS/2 mouse costs about £3

yea, i'm on the 2nd mouse right now, I've tried reinstalling the drivers on all of them, they all say/said "this device is working properly" but still no luck.

Anything in BIOS that could be set? Have you check that? I like this solution, run a live CD of Linux, this should isolate rather it's your system or the Windows OS if you can right click in Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom