whoops, fried ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Last I was doing was 1440/950 cpu/ram for 2:3 ratio

Did another restart to put ram back to 800 and reset bios to stable settings..

Now the computer stays at blank screen directly after bios, like as soon as you'd see the first sign of windows load screen.. I don't even see that..

So after about 3 stalls, I try to load in safe mode, well I get into safe mode once.. after another 10 restarts, no more safe mode, loads all the files and stalls on the last file it seems.

Any help on this one, more than likely it's the ram correct? I don't have anything other than a pair of ddr pc3200 which probably won't work in that board so..

Booted off vista cd, after loading files, says recent hardware or software changed might have caused an unexpected error.. And that's just booting from the cd.. So that clues me to ram or cpu, but.. from the way windows doesn't even breath on my rig, the ram?

Ok, also just tried this, running memory error diagnostics, we'll see what happens I guess..

How would I know if it were the mobo or cpu, any ways to look?
Though I'm using the evga 750i ftw board, perhaps the board would show on the error block

*edit*
I cannot start in safe mode, I cannot boot of cd, I can only get into BIOS and restart pc.

If I boot from CD, it loads the files - then I get "Unexpected error" - "A recent hardware or software change..."

If I boot onto safe mode, it loads all the files, and on last file it hangs.

I just built this rig, and for the past couple days my wireless connection/internet connection randomly disconnects and seconds later reconnects..

I've tried everything I could think of. I made sure the computer wouldn't turn off the wireless adapter because of power management for certain.

Either way, I did research and found that 1 SATA connection with 2 connectors ties to the nforce network controller and the other SATA connection ties to the SLI or something..

So I changed both drive connections over to SATA 2 connection, and my pc would not load past the bios.. It was like my computer ceased to exist all in a moment.. But I changed the drive plus around and finally found to plug 1 drive in 1 connector and 1 drive in the other and things work great now I think...

Network has stayed connected..

the only way to fry a ram is to overvoltage it the absolute maximum you should overvolt is +0.3 no higher than that. Unless you have been overvolting manually or the mobo is stupid to raise the voltage too much it is likely that your ram is fried. try the ram on another computer and see if it works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom