Whistle on laptop's speakers

DrumSergio

Beta member
Hello, my friends.

I am experiencing a annoying whistle of more than 10kHz (don't know exactly, but very high-pitched) on the speakers of my laptop. It's very strange, and I will tell you why.

When I move the mouse it doesn't sound. When the mouse is stopped, it instantly becomes again audible.
Also when I reproduce anything in the computer, such as a mp3, with all the volume turned down, I can't heard that whistle. When I stop the mp3 player, it becomes again audible.

Another thing to have into account is that connecting the headphones doesn't make any difference, the whistle continues to happen from the speakers (when I plug in the headphones, it is supposed that the sound will only come to the headphones, but that doesn't happen with the whistle)

It is a very strange thing... hope you could help me, guys, to repair it. Is it from the sound card? It is external radiation? I don't really know

Thank you a lot
Sergio

What are you using for a sound card? (Onboard, PCI, PCI-X etc) Also what are you computer specs? Have you updated the drivers for the sound card? I am guessing that you are using an after market sound card with seperate jacks for headphones and speakers. There are several possibilities but more info is needed. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom