whered my GB's go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's your data, your risk, your loss.
Hard drives only cost money. Your data is priceless.

I would not trust that drive for any thing more than just to put an Operating System on.

As for repartitioning your drive, you can use Partition Magic.
Otherwise, I could of swarn I saw a Partitioning tool with one of the WD Hard Drive Utilities.

i got a 40gb in my closet specifically there to guard my data. every 2 weeks i hook it up (usb enclosure, thats y i need usb) and sync my data. but, my main worry is not my hdd now, its my psu. not really liking what its doin(when load is applied to the system, eg: loading cd, hd spinnin up, etc...the psu fan bogs down about 1000 rpm, form what it sounds. well, i could care less, aslong as this pc will scrape along till xmas. so, what im planning on doing, to help take some stress from it, is drop the system down to 1 cd-rw, 1hd, 1fan, 2gpu, 1lan, and 1 sound card. any more drops and i loose functinality(i usually listen to music while on here, and i cant live without my dual monitors)

soo...yea. if u wanna know, the psu is a 250w athena matx 1 internal fan psu. its evil, but its all i got right now

whoops, got so caught up in my ps problem, i almost forgot to say that partition magic worked perfect. got all 74gb's (gotta love how windows reports those gb's)

well, its working food now, but it takes like 30secs after post for it to show the xp loading screen. i think my boot.ini is at fault, it looks very out of the ordinary, and im afraid to use the fix boot.ini button, cause when i click it, it askes if i want to delete something or another...ill get a pic.

eh, too cheap for a PS...ill just type what it says

[boot loader]
timeout=15
default=signature(1)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
signature(1)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

thats in msconfig...when i click check all boot paths, it says

It appears that the following line in the BOOT.INI file does not refer to a valid operating system:

"signature(1)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect"

would you like to remove it from the BOOT.INI file?

now im thinking if i do that, it will no longer boot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom