105 GB
Video Card:
ATI Radeon X1950 GT
Monitor:
Plug en Play-monitor
Sound Card:
C-Media USB Headphone Set
PSU: 400W, can Deliver 16A on the 12V line

Now the problem is that my computer really likes to crash. For example when playing Team Fortress 2, Bioshock, any other pretty intensive game, after like, 20 minutes - an hour of playing suddenly the sounds hangs & loop, screen freezes, then it goes black & into stand by mode, and sometimes the sound will resume after that. The weird thing is that this doesn't seem to happen while playing Hitman Blood Money

I've already ruled out virusses, as I've formatted today, and the problem was still there.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? I've checked numberous things, inc. forcing the fan to 100%, so overheating isn't the problem, it has enough air supply (****, I've got the side of case removed atm, enough air), everything is working & stuff.

I'm getting VERY VERY VERY ****ed, as I can't game properly with this new graphics card (upgraded from a 6200 recently, the problems started about a week later).

Help would be appreciated!

~Force

Currently I've got my x1950GT, 2 HD's and 1 DVD RW hooked up, that doesn't seem a lot to me.

It's not...but neither is 16a on the 12v rail

Also the 1950 series aren't the most efficient GPUs. This is just a rough guess but i would imagine at full load it could pull 12-16a just on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom