when playing games...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
well i say games, ive only had a pc capable of playing decent games for a few days, so i downloaded a demo of doom 3 and i just wondered why my fans dont speed up whilst playing? it just seems to stay the same as when its not under load? is this because doom3 isnt "taxing" my system therefore nothing gets so hot to require fans speeding up?

The only fan that is going to speed up is the cpu fan in most cases and You probably don't need it to speed up and that is why it isn't. Check your temps with speedfan or eversthome or I like people to use the software that comes will almost all boards. (then you are 100% sure the readings are accurate) What board do you have.?

The board is an MSI RS482M2, and im not 100% sure the figures are accurate but everest and speedfan tell me the same readings and this is a 1 week old system so all my monitors should be giving the software the correct info?
Its normally about 39oc when im just on windows live and browsing the net like im doing now, and after about an hour playing doom3 it was 45oc

Thats perfect, What do the fan speeds read? Your fan's shouldn't get really fast/noicey until it reach's about 60c. Let me guess you upgraded from a prescott? I found the same thing when I went to socket 939 from 478 the fan's really had to work to keep the P4 cool.

jonny_uk said:
is this because doom3 isnt "taxing" my system therefore nothing gets so hot to require fans speeding up?

you got it...crank up the graghics and it might get hotter, but anything under 55 while gaming is excellent...

doom3 is really cheap...i paid $10 CAD for it and had alot of fun playing it.

Excellent, thanks for the advice chaps:D

Flash dude, the fans are cpu: 980rpm and chassis: 1862rpm.
Thats not underload.

And no i didnt upgrade from a presscot, it was a celeron 2.6GHz:eek:

vaderpro ive only had this rig since last week and my old pc wasnt good enough to play anything better than the old GTA etc so i didnt have any games so i just download a couple of demo's, doom3 was one and the other was quake 4, both have amazing graphics, i was gob smacked, but i guess thats what you get from being a ps2 player for so long;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom