Whea-Logger 19 saw on my 8700K

litwicki22

Solid State Member
Hello. I have a pc:

8700K ( 4700MHZ is on auto by motherboard )

2x8GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP ON

Corsair 750i

SSD Crucial 525GB MX300

HDD TOSHIBA 500GB

Asus Z370 Pro Gaming bios 0215

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. The newest build 16299.309

Yesterday i was in work all day. Pc was on ,idling. Left in background was only steam + desktop.

Today searching in event logs i met WHEA-LOGGER 19 entry.

Here are screens:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I havent seen any affects that might be caused from this like BSODS or freezing. All stable. Intel diagnostic tool passing. Memtest86 no errors. IHC memtest no errors. Either way should i be concerned of that error or its false positive?

That has to do with the KB4056892 patch addressing Meltdown/Spectre patching.

If you're not getting blue screens, freezes, or any other adverse problems besides seeing that error then you're in the clear. If you do just uninstall that update.

Yes but 2 months ago i get the same warnings on Windows 10 build 16299.15.
It was build from october 2017 ( just before meltdown/spectre).

So i dont know why.

If you have automatic updates on it would have been installed anywhere around the 3rd regardless of your Windows build. It was a pushed microcode update through the update software. If you installed Windows clean anytime between then and now it would come with the update and would cause these things to pop up in event viewer. This is directly related to that KB so like I said before it you're not experiencing any adverse problems then I wouldn't worry about it.

I understand you very well PP Mguire.

But my Windows 10 was after clean install and when i checked in system settings there was nothing about installed updates, 0 installed KB . It said build 16299.15.
I downloaded iso Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from www.microsoft.com and make installer to USB PENDRIVE.
And Windows 10 build was 16299.15.

And during this time i had WHEA-WARNINGS 19 too in event logs when idling. But nothing crashes. So maybe its related to hardware?

Also yesterday i run Assassins Creed Origins for all night and 0 WHEA warnings. Weird?

Last edited:
I understand you very well PP Mguire.

But my Windows 10 was after clean install and when i checked in system settings there was nothing about installed updates, 0 installed KB . It said build 16299.15.
I downloaded iso Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from www.microsoft.com and make installer to USB PENDRIVE.
And Windows 10 build was 16299.15.

And during this time i had WHEA-WARNINGS 19 too in event logs when idling. But nothing crashes. So maybe its related to hardware?

Also yesterday i run Assassins Creed Origins for all night and 0 WHEA warnings. Weird?
If you ran that creation tool after they released the patch it will be in the install media as it's a "panic" push. If this is the case you cannot remove it unless you download a build compiled pre-Jan 3rd. Upon setup Windows will also search for security updates and drivers during install, these too will not show up.

There is also a very minor probability it could be related to C states and power saving features.

Like I said, if it's not causing crashing or any other problems it's a non-issue that can be ignored. As they release more of these patches expect more oddities unless you have updates disabled as IMO they are still toying about and experimenting with patching up the "vulnerabilities".

Hmm ok but i was getting : Whea 19 Error type : Cache hierarchy error.

But peoples ( because of spectre/meltdown ) Whea 19 Error type: Internal parity error.

Is any difference between that error type?

Back
Top Bottom