Whats wrong with this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ack35

Solid State Member
Ok, well this is my first time building a pc and i thought i had everything set right but i got it all and put it all together and it didn't even turn on. When i turn the power supply to the on position on the motherboard the lights on the ethernet port blink but thats it. Nothing else ever happens. I think maybe my power supply is not powerful enough since it was a cheap one but here is my build and if you guys could tell me if something is wrong with it that i'm missing then thanks.

Case: Rosewill R6422-P SL Black/ Silver SGCC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard: ECS GF7050VT-M LGA 775 GeForce7050 / 610i Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Case Fan: Rosewill RFA80L-R 80mm Red LED Case Fan - Retail

PSU: LOGISYS Computer PS480D 480W ATX12V Power Supply - Retail

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 Allendale 2.4GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E4600 - Retail

RAM: WINTEC AMPO 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model 3AMD2667-2G2-R - Retail

CD Drive: LITE-ON Combo Black IDE Model DH-52C2P-04 - OEM

Hard Drive: EXCELSTOR Jupiter Series ESJ9250 250GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive - Retail

its really hard to say where you went wrong you need to double check all of your connections are they in the right place? and plugged in tight. does your power supply come on? do you have the switch on the power supply turned on? if that isn't it did you ground yourself when putting it together? if not you could have fried something after checking those things, take it back apart and start over making sure you have everthing hooked up correctly its possible you got some bad parts the ones you used are pretty low grade maybe someone that knows more than me has some more ideas

Check all the connections, make sure that the 12v AND the 24pin ATX are firmly an securely connected to the mother board. If that dosn't work remove one of the ram sticks an see if it will power on, if not remove one component at a time an see if it will power on. Make sure that there is no points where the computer can short out with the case as it will not power on if there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom