What's the deal with this new hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
in the past 2 months, I have had a lot of computers (including 2 of my own) that wouldn't come on or just got stuck at the boot on screen.

in each instance, I took the ram out, blew out the computer and put the ram back in and everything thing now works fine.

My problem with that is in the past I would have told the customer that their motherboard and processor were bad and i would have to replace it (I tell them both so that I can actually warranty both), because with the old old hardware you didn't run into this problem unless it really went bad.

the worst part is the computers weren't really dirty on the inside.

what's going on?

I've heard of the same issue. The college I attend has some gateways that will act up the same way.... They had to re-seat the ram, unplug everything and hit the power button five or six times. After that it would work again heh. It would recur every once in awhile though. Kinda odd.... They did try upgrading the BIOS which didn't fix the problem either.

I had the same problem as CPierce. This was with old PIII Dell computers. Reset ram, disconnect power for a few seconds, re-attach, works like nothing ever was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom