What would cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok yesterday for the first time in weeks I ran Bf2 for a about an hour of singleplayer just to get use to the game. I then tried to run it today and the Bf2 symbol comes up and then it goes to a black screen and it just closes. Any idea what is wrong and what to do to fix it. I dont think I can fix it very easily because I do not have my cd key handy (like 30 miles away handy) but I do have the cd to reinstall if I can figure my cd key out.

I dont think that's a problem with the game itself... it might be your video card not being able to handle the game's specs or that you are low on RAM and need to upgrade. You should reinstall it and see if it fixes is first of all, but if the problems persist then you might need to upgrade RAM or your video card. What video card do you currently have and how much RAM is currently in your PC?

Well I have 1gb of ram and a x800 gto modded to 16 pipes at 425/1050 so its better than a stock 6800gt/gs. I would reinstall but I cant find my bf2 cd key but I saved a registry file that people say somewhere in the code is my cd key.

That used to happen to me, I reformatted and reinstalled :p

But what I did for that problem was restart my computer and then run it. It usually worked. What i figured out was I could only run BF2 once everytime i started a computer. So if i wanted to paly twice in a day i would have to restart my computer :D :classic:

PZEROFGH said:
That used to happen to me, I reformatted and reinstalled :p

But what I did for that problem was restart my computer and then run it. It usually worked. What i figured out was I could only run BF2 once everytime i started a computer. So if i wanted to paly twice in a day i would have to restart my computer :D :classic:
thats happenning to me now. it got fixed on 2 patches ago but when i installed the latest patch, it came back again. whenever i quit BF2, i have to restart comp in order to play it again. it just closes automatically w/o computer restart. its kind of annoying but i can live w/ it since BF2 is a really good game. mb reinstalling and patch it directly to the latest patch it might gonna fix it...but i'm too lazy to try that yet...

I'v never had that happen to me with bf2, but have had it happen on severall other occasions with other games, in those cases I deleted the configurations file in my documents, did the trick. Seems sometimes when I go to windowed mode or alter the resolution to an unfrienldy setting it happened in most cases.

same thing it used to happen to me. i think it was when i was fiddling around with some of the catalyst settings - try putting them to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom