What is with my HD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
My storage HD I got used in my previous build shows all garbled now... It's showing all squares and E and circle, dot Bump stuff.. It's my Maxtor IDE 320G Storage drive.

I've got a lot of stuff on there, to incluse my Photoshop CS3 program.. I don't want to lose anything! I just put this rig together (M3A32 MoBo w/ Phenom X4 9950) It took a lot of trial and error before I even got BOTH to show up,, SATA OS 200G HD (C:\) and two storage IDE HD's. I'm gonna try to DL SP3 and see if it helps. Everything shows up fine in the BIOS.

I have a screen shot but its not uploading..

What does check disk say about the drive? Are you using a 80 wire IDE hard drive cable or a 40 wire CD rom IDE cable?

Checkdisk says the drive is fine, and I only have one tape connection that will fit it, I believe it's the 40... It's plugged into the primary IDE slot. My other drive is hooked in series with it and it shows up fine.

I dont get what you are saying. It shows what? Have you tried a Linux LiveCD or something else to try and access the drive to make sure that it isnt just something with your Windows install.

I'll try to upload the screen shot again... I'm just really hoping that my HD isn't corrupt. I have a lot of pics on there, photoshop, all 50gigs of my iTunes library... etc etc.

Image hosting sites are not working for me for some reason.
Full sized link.
ImageShack - Hosting :: ssiipd2.jpg
ssiixn6.jpg

Other shot.. D:\ and E:\ are hooked to the same cable.. E:\ is the one I'm having problems with.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9495/ssnq7.jpg
ssnq7.jpg

Can you go inside the folders and still execute the software? Could just be the text is messed up. But i would agree that it is the wrong cable.

It could jsut be that the hard drive needs a UltraDMA connecor. Is it a UltraDMA drive? If so that woudl be why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom