What the hell?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your video card requires a power cable to be plugged into it... make sure you have done that.

o...k so...i tried everything that i could and.... still the monitor does not get signals from my computer and video card. I checked if it was my monitor so i plugged it in my bro's computer and it works fine....
Can someone list some causes of this?

you never did answer splatoid.

Are you getting any beeps? (of course making sure the PC speaker is plugged in)

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

that's a list of beed codes for the award BIOS...other bios's are listed on the left.

if you dont get any beeps, pull out the vid card, turn it on see if it beeps..if it does try reseating the graphics card and making 100% it's in there...if it doesn't beep after wards, something with the card is up...repeat the same procedure with the RAM...

if it doesn't beep on either the memory or vid card it's either the mobo or CPU in which it'll be impossible to tell which one it is without having another board to place the CPU in to rule out the possibility of it being the CPU

check the memory.. to make sure you diddn't fry it first off (pull out one stick and try one at a time in the first Ram slot) (memory is the most volitile and easy to damage incoherintly computer part In my opinion)
next try the vid card in another comp to make sure that's fine (don't let the comp boot to windows though or it will screw up the windows configuration a bit) just mash the del key and go to bios and see if it displays fine...

Next thing would prob be to reset the cmos if none of the above showed anything :/

ooh rearead.. DEFINATELY reset your cmos.. your new CPU may hate your current FSB settings..

also make sure your board is compatible with the CPU you are using (not always.. like some boards like one variety of processor core over another)

well i found out that my cpu and mobo was damaged... =(
so... i returned the new combo and now i'm planning to build a new computer... sigh.... more $$$ out of my pocket i guess
anyways...thanks for all your informations guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom