what the heck happened?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machiavelli

Baseband Member
ok so i just got my new intel duo core(previously on pentium4 with an asus "p5s800 vintage" mobo) and i go to install it, put it in allined with the slits on its side ect.. put the heatsink back ontop go to boot up, all i hear is th enormal boot up procedure fans,hd,that one beep i think comes from my mobo idk but then when it comes time for the visual displays like the mobo picture or anything at all for that matter nohing shows up and my monitor just has a blinky light....
So i figured wow that sux mabye just dead on arival (bought from newegg)
so i take it out and then put back in my old one and then double eww tee eff... the pc starts and then in about 10 sec bam, kills itself?and ever time after that i hit the button it kills itself sooner and sooner i just wanna know what happend, and is there any slight tiny or remote possibility it can be fixed without having to buy somthing new?
and did it kill the mobo or somthin? or what happened?

thank you for any help guys

umm a while back when i had that mobo and my vid card install nvidia 6800 i remember the guy saysing when i went to pik it up, i did all the proper adjustments overcloked a few things ... what kind of a differece dow that make? i mean even when i went to put the old one back in sould that make the system work again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom