what graphics card do i really have and why is it crashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdClayJisKOO

Baseband Member
ok well on the specs of my laptop, it says that i have a ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 graphics card. i know that this i integrated with my motherboard, but i do not really know how that works. from running EVEREST, i get the impression that my graphics card is really a 200M. is there a difference between the 200M, and 1100?

also, i am running vista, and when i try to use dreamscene, it tries to run, but then i get an alert in the taskbar that says my graphics card has crashed. i had the impression that my graphics card should be able to run dreamscene...what's going on?

Just as an update, I installed window blinds and it too said I am running a 200M graphics card. I did some research and I saw that the 1100 is supposed to preform 33% better than the 200M. do i actually have a 1100 or do i have a 200M (i'm sorry i do not really know how it works as far as graphics cards). is there any way i can increase the performance of my graphics card? if what i think is correct, the computer thinks i have a 200M but i really have an 1100, and because of that i am not using it to it's full potential. is that correct? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom