What error is this?

FoxiStatis

Baseband Member
I keep getting an error. On my computer it comes up with this. What does this mean? The computer freezes and then catches up.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin64\SetACL64.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin64\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST" on line 11. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762". Definition is Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

from the quick read it sounds like it's a part mismatch. Did you swap out video cards without reinstalling the drivers?

I've never swapped out the video cards i've had this computer from the beginning and it's been doing it forever :/

It's asking me to repair it when I'm installing it, so I'm assuming I have it, and I'm also installing it again, any other ideas? Because it does this on Ubuntu, and fresh installs of windows 7

It did what windows 7 does, for example ill be doing something and it will freeze then I can't reboot into ubuntu. It has done it on several operating systems. It's only on windows it seems to recover and work again.

I would check the card itself. Heat, voltage, bios status, connection to the pci-e slot. If its on both Ubuntu and Win 7, its probably a hardware issue

Back
Top Bottom