What does this sound like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
Let's see if I can explain what is going on. My friend called and said his computer was acting up. They were working on the computer and the screen goes black but you can see the cursor. The cursor (arrow) won't move with the mouse and as you may have guessed the computer still is running. There is no way to shut it down but to do a hard shut down. When I went to start it back up there was no power. I unplugged all power to the computer and pushed the power button to release any electricity left. I plugged back in and restored power. I pushed the power button and it worked for a couple of weeks before it did it again. I went back out and tried this time just the reset button and it restarted with no problem. Since then for the last month or two it has done it twice and a restart has worked. I am sure there is many things that it could be but does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Sounds like it's trying to load a driver or bit of software which is failing/faulty.

Go through add/remove programs (or Programs and Features if you're on win7) and uninstall any programs you don't need. Check the startup lists, make sure nothing's starting that doesn't need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom