What could this be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have run a memtest for 6 hours now and there is 1 error. With 1 error could that cause a problem?

Yes 1 error could cause a problem. I saw could because depending on the location of the problem spot it could be in a high volume area which gets written to often which is why the BSoD occurs. Best option at this point would be to remove the problematic stick and see if the behavior continues. If not then you know that is the problem. If it does then it is something else, like a bad driver.

Remove one stick and run memtest, if don't get any errors then test the other stick, that way know which stick is bad. Then put the good stick in and check if the same problem occurs. If not, your problem is solved otherwise it's probably a driver issue like Mak said.

Exactly what it says. It detected that something wanted to change a important file and stopped it.

And what would do THAT.
I cant tell you. I have no idea what you were doing at the time, what programs you were running, what websites you were on. It could easily be malware or a infection but i cant say nothing cause just giving us the error and asking us to tell you what is wrong with it is like asking us to fix your car over the internet. We need information.

You can tell me, I won't tell anyone. Actually it does it in the evening when it is just running. I started another mem test that I will run for 48 hours when I am gone but in just 1 hour it has now found 3 errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom