What the#$%^&

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwerx

Solid State Member
Anybody know why my D drive keeps displaying " D drive full"??
I've tried dropping files and programs to the C drive because the pie only shows about 30% occupied. The d drive is always giving me messages that it's full, 98% no mater what I delete or drag and drop the to C drive. It won't let me defrag and disc cleanup nolonger works.

Win XP-Pro Compaq pres. GL 5000

Thanks

No. No error message. I'm stumped.

Question ; Are there two separate drives or just one drive that is divided? I've recieved caution! messages when attempting to drag and drop certain files/programs to the C drive. Something about "shared data" or, "other programs may be useing....

sure it's not talking about your RAM? sometimes you get a notice when your ram is been used up.

RAM=D drive?

News to me that my D drive would also be refered to as RAM. So, maybe it's time to install another 512 MB?

Attachments

• keys.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 51
Odds are you are referring to your backup partition.

Many newer pre-builts have al the restore information stored on a small partition of the hard drive, instead of actually giving you CDs.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try to fool with ANYTHING in that partition. Doing so will royally screw your restoration info.

Thought I'd offer a different set of keys. They're actually the type I'm most familiar with.

Trotter said:
Odds are you are referring to your backup partition.

Many newer pre-builts have al the restore information stored on a small partition of the hard drive, instead of actually giving you CDs.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try to fool with ANYTHING in that partition. Doing so will royally screw your restoration info.

Yes, refurbdepot.com is where I bought the comp. So, am I to understand there's nothing further to be done and I've reached the limits of the ram's capacity and removing/uninstalling programs is the only alternative there is to increase the D drive space?
Thanks for responding.

So, am I to understand there's nothing further to be done and I've reached the limits of the ram's capacity
Not your RAM, but your hard drive's storage capacity.

and removing/uninstalling programs is the only alternative there is to increase the D drive space?
Yes. I would recommend uninstalling prograsm that you can reinstall later. once you have done some of that, tranfer any media files (mp3, avi, whatever) to removable media (burn onto CDs or DVDs).

When you've cleared out about 25% of the space, you could defrag.

Best thing you could probably do would be to get another hard drive and install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom