Weired problem with 19 inch KDS LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bj70alex

Beta member
Hello,

I'm having an odd problem. A friend of mine gave me a 19 inch KDS LCD monitor. It's about 3 years old and it doesn't have any warranty left.
After I turn the computer on, the monitor works only for about a minute and than the screen goes black. The green light is on. If I turn the monitor off and then on, it works for about 1 minute and then the screen goes black.
Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Alex

Sounds like the display is fried. The power management could be done on it. Did your friend say that he had no issues with it?

Sounds like the display is fried. The power management could be done on it. Did your friend say that he had no issues with it?

I knew that it has issues, but since he just gave it to me, I thought that i would be able to fix it. Could you please elaborate on "The Power Managementy"? If the power management will not resolve it, in your opinion, I should just throw it away??????

Thanks,
Alex

Well what it sounds like to me as internally the power cable is not fully connected and intermitten. Which means that the connection is not workign full time. Which is why you get the spurts like you do.

In all honesty i do not think it can be fixed and should be tossed. But i am not the hardware expert. He is on Vacation for a couple of weeks. I am just helping him out. So you might want to wait to get his opinion on it. Should be back in like 2 weeks tops. Went away for Spring break. His name is b1gapl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom