weird temp readings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this was just recently brought to my attention because my pc fell off of my desk (~3ft fall) and the sound went out, then the cpu started overheating, so i checked the temps, and the sound came back, cpu temp went down, and i noticed (its always been there, but never cared) 3 temps that never change. 2 are temp1 and temp2 that are constantly 127C(both are on my IT87122F - ISA @ $290, same place the cpu temp is), and the 3rd always reads 40C (i suspect this to be my NB) and is on ACPI, called TEMP1, is on the ISA bus, and its address is $0 (all from speedfan). MBM5 says the same things for each of the sensors

I, too, got 2 funky temp readings from AMD's CPUINFO utility: one temperature that is constantly at 40c. Until I changed the ''Automatic'' CPU settings to ''Manual'' and began upping the clock from the 200Mhz default. Then the temp starting reading accurately from 23c up to 32c appropriately.

found this on the internet. dunno how that would do anything, but whatever.

any ideas? pc is good as new, everything works, already ran prime95 and let memtest86+ run last night when i went to a concert, and it passed with no errors.

got most recent bios, and xp is fully updated with sp2

first of all that sucks man (3ft fall)!
-first thing i would do is touch the components that the sensor reads, if its telling you 127C and u burn ur finger well then ull know if it lying or not.
-if it seems cool when u touch it then i would drain all the power from the mobo, unplug power and battery from ur mobo so that the sensors can refresh or what not.

tell u the truth, i never trust any software that tells u temps, most of them are just BS results!

my cpu and hdd readings are telling me the truth, but i dont know about the nb, and whats the deal with the 127c stuck temps, there is nothing in there that hot, i know my SB runs about 50, just by touch, needs a HS, but i got no money for one. yea, i guess its a good thing i left the stock HSF on there, peeps tell me that if i had nything heavier on there it coulda snapped my board :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom