weird squeak from motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryMan

Solid State Member
when i turn on my comp it squeaks for a few secs and then comes bios logo and starts booting... and that was all for some time. today i turned on my pc and after windows boots it squeaks all the time with short pauses.. the sound comes maybe from cpu or something near, its hard to tell for sure. weird thing is that while cpu isnt stressed i hear that squeak, but when i turn on some cpu streesing program like Orthos, the sound dissapears. when i turn off that program sound comes again.. any ideas who might cause it?

It could be coming from the PSU as well. Usually it comes from the capacitors on the component; they could be getting weak or possibly dying. Do any of them look bulged at the top of them?

on motherboard they all seems fine, and as i told its new motherboard.. cant look in psu to tell for sure.. and that weird cyyp when i turn on my comp, is from begining when i replaced my old motherboard, i thought it might be ram, but i checked them and found no errors..that sound is really annoying

I can't help but to think it's might be a faulty case fan? Perhaps it's got too much dust in it?

Try removing the side panel and fire it up. Peek your head in and take a look around. Listen carefully and try to pin-point where the cound is coming from.

Try taking the cpu fan off and putting it back on it maybe that a screw has come lost and is making the fan shake which is them causing it to rub against the fan case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom