weird sounds out of my speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saucy2040

Baseband Member
i recently bought a sound card for computer due to my onboard sound not working for some reason after i switched out my components into another case. at first the sound was perfect and still is normally. but randomly( and quite frequently) when i play music the speakers will all of a sudden start becomin distorted and fuzzy sounding. i cant stopn it my self. turning the speakers on and off doesnt do anything, itll jst come back and restarting the song doesnt do anything either, although sometimes changing the song will sometimes stop it. but most of all something else that has happend today that pushed me type out this post is that for some reason moving my mouse and scrolling up and down pages makes a very weird sound. kind of like static or diostortion. kinda hard to describe and very weird as to why my speakers would be making sounds when i move the mouse cursor or scroll pages. the onborad sound as far as i know doesnt work for unknown reasons. after i switched my cases(same parts, just different cases) no sound would come out for anything. so i went and bout a VERY cheap sound card from walmart just to have sound again. that is the blaster audigy SE. this is a complete mystery as to whats cuasing it and as far as i know all the drivers are ste and going........so.........help me out here please.

o and by the way, after i run the diagnostics program that comes with the sound card to check if everythings in working order it says everything is fine.

if you said your new cheap sound card works then its looking like the good card is failing you may want to return it if you can. mabey got fried from ESD when you where installing it :)

yea but if anything got fried woudnt it be worse than that. it works instead for the random breaking up of the signal.

it doesnt matter if its fried that doesnt mean that its completely useless it all depends on what exactly happened to it like say it was ESD it wouldnt neccessarily destroy it completely it just might make it malfunction like it is now.

Snake-Eyes said:
How old are the speakers? How much use have they had?

the problem with that theory is his cheap sound card he bough at walmart works with them but not the good one.

the speakers i have are altec lansing speakers. ywo peice with a big sub, so three in all. i know its not the speakers cause its never done that before. and how would i know if the card is malfunctioning. thats just another bit of monay of somethin i dont even need in the first place to buy yet another sound card expectin it to work well too. im saving money for new parts to my comp, but not for sound. is there anything i can check within the system or program to see if anything not working right or anything like that?

...Have you installed the creative audio driver & software for your soundcard?

If so, then try using the Creative Diagnostics program. It should be accessive via the Creative start menu program folder, or via the Creative EAX Console.

Also, have you tested your speakers on another audio output device, likes an MP3 player?

Have you tested your soundcard using another set of speakers, or alternatively, with headphones?

If you have access to another PC, you could try installing the soundcard in that PC and test to see if the same problem occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom