Weird sound, booting and pixel shaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZimmy

Baseband Member
Hi there,
I just bought new graphic card (Radeon HD 5770) and power supply (Seasonic 500W).
I installed new graphics card and power supply and everything is running smooth (except BF BC2, which is prolly 'caused it's BETA), anyways first problem was booting. When I started first it was taking longer than normal so I rebooted, but when I was starting up the pc again it wrote "previous system boot failed". Ok, ok could be 'cause of the bad reboot (happened one more time that day), anyways I can press F1 and continue. That's not a big deal.
Another weird thing is Catalys control center is showing 0° and when I try "canyourunit.com" it shows I have pixel shaders 3 (I should have 5).
And the biggest one, when my case is opened everything is silent and ok, but when I close it it sounds like...hmmm...like some fans are just increasing and decreasing their speed randomly. Hard to describe. It sounds a bit like HDD sound when working (I'm sure it's not). I'll try to record it somehow when I get myself of work today.

Anyone knows what's the problem is?
Thanks for help.

My build:
MB: Asus M2N-E - nForce 570 Ultra
PROC: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
RAM: Kingston DIMM 2048MB DDR II 800MHz
GC: Sapphire HD 5770 (21163-10-20R) 1GB, PCI-E
PSU: Seasonic 500W
Case: Eurocase Q3

Did you install the latest drivers for you graphic card? did you fully erase the old drivers?
What he said above ^, also you can check your fan speed with this software Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer to see if what's going on. Normally when a system fan is down (like the CPU fan for instance if you got 1) that "F1 to continue" error shows up, but it states the fan is down in most case. Also have you changed any BIOS settings?

Ok, cleared ATI drivers with driver sweeper, installed actual ones and now Catalys control center not even start on start up. Happed to me even with previous card. Anyways, can you run it shows still pixel shader 3, but 1GB of memory (it showed before too, btw).
But I guess drivers are ok, since I can play normally. Weird is the pixel shader thing. Can't it be problem with "canyourunit.com"? Is there any program that shows me my pixel shader's version?

And the other problem. Not everytime, but like every second time when I start/ reboot PC I got message:
*****Warning: System BOOT fail*****
Your system last boot fail or POST interrupted.
Please enter setup to load default and reboot again.
Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter setup.

Of course when I set my BIOS on default nothing changes, I even tried to set other priorities for booting. Nothing works. Isn't there a possibilty that I have old bios, which can't detect my new graphic card?

The sound is still the same, but nothing bad is happening so I guess it's okay.

Thanks for help and further help, foks. :)

Could be a problem with the site or what ever information you pc is giving to the site.
Opposed to the system boot fail, not exactly sure what's causing it and you could check online and see if there's an update for your BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom