Weird Shut Down on Newly Built Computer? Blue Screen HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM555

In Runtime
Hey guys. I built a new computer recently. Parts are in my sig.

It has not had any problems...until today. I got a weird blue screen. It just said what is in the picture below. Said something with hardware and to restart....it happened 3 times....anyone have any suggestions? I don't want anything bad to happen to the computer. Please let me know ASAP.
John

30xg6s8.jpg

Wow...what a trip. I was checking around for about 20 minutes, and as soon as I refresh this page, the last thing I came around to reading about was "Memtest86". I will do what you said and test it. I didn't dl any new drivers/software/programs. I went into BIOS and changed 9x and 315Mhz to 9x and 285Mhz so It has no chance of overheating or anything. I doubt that's it, as it is only 40,43,35,38 on normal use. Around 50-60 while playing intense games. So I have no idea. Thanks again. Anymore ideas?
John

Run MemTest86. This error is almost always related to that. Run it for at least 4 hours and report back with any errors.

Before I run memtest86, I think I might of figured out the problem. Recently I have been getting a lot of stupid pop ups saying Anti Virus is out of date and blah blah blah. I had AVG 7.5, and now I realize AVG 8.0 is out, so I will install the new AVG and hope it was the problem. Also, I have 2x1GB Tracers 800 Ram. I installed a Corsair 1GB 667 along with the tracers? Do you guys think that might cause a problem? It has been running fine for over a month so I doubt that that is the problem. Right? I took it out just incase and will see how it goes. I also got a blue screen with different crap on it this morning after leaving the computer on. Not sure what it said, but it was like NTFS something? If it happens again I'll take a picture.
John

Quick question, are you running vista with 4gb of memory? Heh, thats the error i'm getting, but its cause vista gets all ****y about 4gb of memory if you dont have all the updates.

Nope. I am running 3GB of Memory with XP. I took out the 667 and updated my Virus, and the computer ran fine for about 4 hours. I then added the 667 1GB again and raised my 9x and 325mhz CPU speed from 266Mhz. I will leave it overnight. I didn't get a long look at todays screen as I was half asleep and just restarted it. But hopefully it doesn't come again. If it does, then I will take a picture and see if it matches what you said.
john

Alright, I fixed the "Virus" thing and updated it, and now it's all good. I left the computer from 5 PM yesterday to 9:30 AM today and no blue screen. Yay.
John

Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom