Weird problem with computer, no idea what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the windows memory test... google "memtest", its a separate program

Well, i cant even get my computer to turn onto the bios anymore. It turns on for 1 second, then everything shuts off but the fans are still on, then turns on after 5 seconds, then turns off again after 1 second. I am guessing that this is a motherboard issue?

Try removing the CMOS battery, that might help :tongue: otherwise you'd have to get a new motherboard.. it does sound like a motherboard issue

Well, i cant even get my computer to turn onto the bios anymore. It turns on for 1 second, then everything shuts off but the fans are still on, then turns on after 5 seconds, then turns off again after 1 second. I am guessing that this is a motherboard issue?

Not really, I Fargle was right about telling you to download memtest when you had a chance to. <_<
Give your pc a break, and turn it off for about 10 minutes, remove your memory and stick only 1 in slot 2.
Next turn it back on again, if anything it should do a full boot.
If it post and goes to the bios with a warning, your memory is starting to wear out for a rms service.

If none don't work I recommend you borrow 1 stick of ddr3 1066 or 1333mhz and try to boot it, if it comes on and nothing spins up your looking at a cpu issue or motherboard rma service.

Ifargle wanted you to have this so when you can fully boot your pc you may use this to test your ram.
http://www.memtest86.com
Give us a update as to what you find so we may do what we can to help quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom