Weird problem with computer, no idea what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

imperviously

Solid State Member
Well, a while ago, my computer randomly started dropping FPS in games. drastically, i cant play any of my games without lag anymore and i used to run them at astonishing speeds.

I just got a new GFX card to see if that was the problem and it isn't, got a diff version of W7 to see if it would help and its still the same, so i know my gfx card is fine.

I recently reformatted too to make sure nothing was wrong with that area. I just ran the windows memory test, and it said it had no problems. Nothing seems to be overheated. I have all drivers installed that i know of.

I was running my computer. and randomly all of the sudden, all my games are super low fps on lowest settings, when i would run them on max settings with no lag. i have yet to find the issue and what is causing this, can any one help me or know what is causing this issue?

PC specs: HD 7970
i7 860
8 gig ram Gskill
500gb HD
ud4p-p55 gigabyte Mobo
750W corsair PSU

As simple as this seems, try re-installing the drivers for your graphics card and make sure you're getting the latest drivers and correct drivers..

Beyond that (assuming you have the right drivers installed) I'd wait for the more experienced techies to come for the rescue.

As simple as this seems, try re-installing the drivers for your graphics card and make sure you're getting the latest drivers.

Beyond that (assuming you have the right drivers installed) I'd wait for the more experienced techies to come for the rescue.

i got a brand new gfx card. reinstalled driver for the gfx card on my old one and my new one. thats not the issue 100% sure.

What are your temps when the framerate drops? RAM usage?

Alright look, the framrate isnt like.. normal then random drops. in general. my pc is slower in games now. my fps average is just sitting at like 30-50 when it would stay at straight 60+. understand what i mean? its not liek random drops constantly, its in general just lower at all times.

Alright look, the framrate isnt like.. normal then random drops. in general. my pc is slower in games now. my fps average is just sitting at like 30-50 when it would stay at straight 60+. understand what i mean? its not liek random drops constantly, its in general just lower at all times.

Easy guy, will get your fps problem fixed fargle is just running through the basic qustions for this type of problem.
For starters tell me one game you are aiming to play on high fps.
Also I recommend you take a snapshot of your game settings screen and bring it back here.
Fraps, Xfire or even camtasia will do easily for screen shots.

If your playing online against other players, your fps will dip up and down depending on how many npcs are in it and what environment is taking place.

You might want to run a memtest.. I've seen instances where bad RAM will cause the computer to slow down.

You might want to run a memtest.. I've seen instances where bad RAM will cause the computer to slow down.

I already stated. that i ran a memory test. please read the full post. my pc now is not even turning on though, im beginning to think this is a mobo issue? when i turn it on, the fans and everything turns on for 1 second then off, then about like 3 seconds it does it again.

Not the windows memory test... google "memtest", its a separate program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom