Not open for further replies.

grantdixon

Baseband Member
Hey, ok ive go this weird problem with my pc

SPECS

Asus p4b533-VM motherboard
P4 - 2.4Ghz
768 DDr Ram
3Hdd 1 is a 160gig(master), 2 are 40gig(slaves)
Dvd ram drive
Ati Radeon 9600rex

Now just recently its been acting very sluggish and takes some time to respond, and when i pust the restart button it flashes up the bios screen saying that it cant find the 3 hdd's, to get it working again i have to turn the pc off then on cant use the restart button, do you think it might have something to do with the 160gig hdd as this has windows installed, Im formatting another Hdd now just to see if it does it on that aswell, so i might be about to narrow it down to the 160gig

any help would be great as its takin me about 4 restarts to post this message
Grant

when you say it was just recently i assume you mean that it has worked fine in this configuration for a while? slowing down is normally a sign of a cluttered filesystem (including too many background programs, viruses and spyware) or in some cases on P4 systems overheating. as these are IDE hdd's though i wouldn't rule out a dying hdd given the error in detection you describe as it is common for IDE drives to wreak havock with each other when they are dying.

Hey man thanks for the fast reply, yeha its been working for about 4months...Ive tryed it with another ide drive and it still done the same thing...so im gonna take it to the computer shop down the road they might know whats goin on

also the cpu fan stop, and i didnt relise so the temp rose to about 97 degress celeus, but luckly the motherboard had a cut of temp and switched off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom