Weird noises from inside the chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constantine

Beta member
After building a new system recently I noticed noises coming out of the motherboard, at a place somewhere below the cpu, though I wasn't able to pinpoint it.
The noise is not coming from the speakers (I don't have speakers connected) and is not coming from chassis speaker either.

1) There is a noise coming out whenever I move the mouse (G9) cursor on screen and this noise changes pitch when I change the report rate of the mouse: the frequency gets higher as the report rate increases.

2) There is a noise when the hard disks are accessed, though it is not coming from them (propably from the same point as the noise from the mouse) and this noise is different, it sound like a cricket or a bird singing.

3) All noises completely dissappear when the cpu is under full load!

I have eliminated sound card and fans as the origin of the noise.
I also tried touching the capacitors on the motherboard with rubber but the noise won't go away.

Here is my setup:
ASRock 4core1600P35 mobo
Quad core Q9550 with its own fan
Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 4 sticks
Asus EAH4850 graphics card
Maxtor 500Gb x2 RAID 0
Sound blaster platinum with front bay

I really hope someone cam help with this. All those noises are really distracting and their nature (random and unexpected) makes them so annoying!

Hello,

What power supply do you have?

The noise is most likely coming from a capacitor on the motherboard. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

It is a Hiper 580W PSU, though I don't believe it to be the problem since I tried leaving only 1 memory stick, one hard disk etc so as to minimize the consumption and the problem did not go away...

Hello,

Hiper's a good name. Wattage looks alright. I think the only way to eliminate it is to use a different motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom