Weird No video issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

808Alaska

In Runtime
So i ran into this really weird issue with no video working on a custom built Desktop PC. I had the PC sitting on a seat and i added in a new HDD for more space and another stick of ram. Then i was going to boot it up to install some antivirus so i powered in on just fine but it didnt show any video. so i first thought that it was a faulty monitor so i tried multiple monitors, none worked. also tried different cables. none worked. in addition i also tried removing new stick of ram, unplugging new HDD, reseated the video card, different DVI to VGA adapters, also tried swithing the video card with a know good video card, no luck. and i made sure that the PCI-express 6 pin was plugged into the video card.

The unit had a 400W power supply so i dont think adding one stick of ram and a new HDD would of sucked out the power and fried anything.

Is it some how possible that the PCI-Express controller got fried or shorted?

I have seriously tried all the different things i know. Any kind of input would be muchly appreciated.

Like i said... the computer boots fine but theirs just no video.

OH and the motherboard doesnt have any onboard video

Unplug the computer, take out the battery from the mobo.
Press the power button a few times, put the battery back in and plug the pc back in.
Try booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom