Weird LCD trouble. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2005, 01:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Weird LCD trouble.

So this is kinda weird...
One day my step-dad's LCD moniter starts blinking. He turns it off, next day it starts blinking a few hours after the computer is turned on. I swap mine and his and they're both fine. On my computer (with his LCD) I switch the resolution from my usual 1280x1024 to 1024x768, it starts blinking. I put his LCD back on his computer and switch the resolution up to 1280x1024, it's fine. What would cause the LCD to reject a resolution after years of it displaying it fine?

Old 09-10-2005, 03:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to s0me0ne Send a message via Yahoo to s0me0ne

define blinking? does the montur kick off then turn back on? kind of like a signal loss or the moniture going into 'sleep mode' for lack of a better mode? if its blinking with lines running accross it maybe it could have been droped/bumped/knocked over, maybe its getting old? maybe its cheap? it could be a problem with the sync rate of the video card to the morniture? I dont really know, thats strange. ill have to google that for a little bit, whats the make and modle of that monitur?

Anal nerd who can\'t spell.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Blinking... it's like it's turning off and on, but the power light stays on. It only does it on 1024x768. I think it's an Envision, It's fairly old, 3 or 4 years.
Closed Thread