Weird LCD trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
So this is kinda weird...
One day my step-dad's LCD moniter starts blinking. He turns it off, next day it starts blinking a few hours after the computer is turned on. I swap mine and his and they're both fine. On my computer (with his LCD) I switch the resolution from my usual 1280x1024 to 1024x768, it starts blinking. I put his LCD back on his computer and switch the resolution up to 1280x1024, it's fine. What would cause the LCD to reject a resolution after years of it displaying it fine?

define blinking? does the montur kick off then turn back on? kind of like a signal loss or the moniture going into 'sleep mode' for lack of a better mode? if its blinking with lines running accross it maybe it could have been droped/bumped/knocked over, maybe its getting old? maybe its cheap? it could be a problem with the sync rate of the video card to the morniture? I dont really know, thats strange. ill have to google that for a little bit, whats the make and modle of that monitur?

Blinking... it's like it's turning off and on, but the power light stays on. It only does it on 1024x768. I think it's an Envision, It's fairly old, 3 or 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom