Weird issue with computer display...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hi,

I have been running my system without a format for quite a while and it is still running really well, quite fast, quite reliable. There is, however, one problem, and I know some of you may immediately come and tell me to format, but I want to find the cause of this problem and troubleshoot it without a format, if possible.

I don't know if this is a graphics card problem, and as my graphics card is fairly new (a bit less than 1 year) I don't think it is likely that that is the cause of the problem). I've cleaned the dust out of my case, I've used ccleaner and such programs to clean my registry and so on, I've scanned for viruses and all.

Attached is a screenshot of the issue, it pretty much speaks for itself. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 31
From what I noticed, the background seems to restart (IF that's 1 issue or you got it like that :wtf:) and 1 widget or something is showing blurred. Have you tried running any other widgets and see if that still persists? Also change your background?

Also have you checked you graphics card drivers to see if it's up-to-date as well?

Joelm,

In the screenshot, one part which is blurred is one of the widgets. However I can tell you that this ''blurriness'' appears in other parts of the screen to at times, and is random. The background changes every minute (slide show) and each time it changes, a different part is ''blurred''. I just updated my graphics card driver, not sure if it's going to help, though so far so good. Any other ideas?

You said you upgraded your GFX Card drivers and it's working good so far? If this is the case (try it for a while, restart and stuff and see if it still works good) then the issue was with your GFX drivers.

hello

Did you try to check you cable or the pins on your cable also check the pci or pciex slot on your mother board

It's definitely a graphics issue, that's artifacting. Now it could be caused by the drivers, so make sure any old graphics drivers have been completely removed and try a couple of different versions of the proper drivers for your current card. Also ensure the auxiliary power for your card is plugged in, the card is properly seated in the pci-e slot, the pci-e slot is clean etc. Check the GPU HSF is mounted properly and possibly reseat it with new thermal compound.

Thanks for the replies people.

You said you upgraded your GFX Card drivers and it's working good so far? If this is the case (try it for a while, restart and stuff and see if it still works good) then the issue was with your GFX drivers.

So far so good, but I haven't gotten the chance to run my computer for long today, as I was at school, so we'll see how it goes, but right now it does seem fine.

It's definitely a graphics issue, that's artifacting. Now it could be caused by the drivers, so make sure any old graphics drivers have been completely removed and try a couple of different versions of the proper drivers for your current card. Also ensure the auxiliary power for your card is plugged in, the card is properly seated in the pci-e slot, the pci-e slot is clean etc. Check the GPU HSF is mounted properly and possibly reseat it with new thermal compound.

If I come across it again as I keep my system up and running for the next few hours, I will remove my card and have a look, thank you for the advice mate, I'll keep you posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom