Weird hardware/software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

beluga

In Runtime
Ok. So it been a while since ive last posted anything on this website. Well anyway to the problem---->

I recently reinstalled my windows cause of the following issues:
Computer would go idle and idle at 100% CPU speed. Also had a message saying that my memory is damaged.
Then after when i renistalled my pc, everything was fine until a few days after. The problems came back. Its all about luck now starting up my computer. Sometimes it jams when it loads windows, or sometimes when i open photos it thinks for half a minute then opens up the photo or picture. Could this indicate HDD problems?
This is deffinetley a first for me.
So fellow tech people help me please.

If the drive heads are starting to go that will cause an endless number of problems. A bad dimm can see the similar problems since memory was pointed at. Try each dimm by itself unless you are running a single 1gb dimm there to see if one of the 512s is bad.

the weird thing, is that when i installed windows again the memory errors stopped. Now it just wont load windows every time or freezes very very easily if not carefull and sometimes randomly uses 100%CPU power for tooooo long...prolly the proscessors damaged? Or could it be the HDD?

It's pointing more at the drive since Windows is seeing locks not the post tests. If the cpu was failing just getting past them would take... ???

One thing you could try if Windows is still running on occasion is a program like PC Wizard 2008 to see what the drive(s) see for temps. CPUID

An older ide drive loaned out when someone couldn't get XP on a Sata I type drive saw abuse and neglect when I was asked why Windows was seeing lockups!

GOOD GRIEF! I never pulled a full blanket of dust off of a board that new like seen there. The temps must have soared since that old drive was "old reliable" in the builds I ran it in!

Nothing worked as far as a repair of Windows or even trying to reinstall there. You could read but not write to it. now doa! If the drive you have has been in use for some time it may be going on you. But a good look at temps will show if you need some extra cooling anyways.

ok ill try that next week tuesday. I do have a 30 gig IDE drive cant remember what make...anyway it was a very good ide drive that came with a dell pc...no problems with that one, and the sata 1 drive i have know seems to be very very clean and no dust... so this is weird. Ive had problems with the WD drive all along first only being able to source 124 gigs, then all the read issues...it doesnt mind the writing though which is weird...

Other then seeing that one 120gb go mainly from neglect by the owner of the case to maintain a system I've always had great results running various WD models over the years. But regardless of make and model any company can see a foobar at times.

On another custom build running XP the case used there was an NZXT Guardian and kept up to see a Hitachi drive go bad. A repair install failed since that was seeing bad heads yet could be copied from.

I copied every folder but Windows onto the larger WD model being used for storage to see if the owner could locate a ton of photos. You could copy from but not write to that one as well. Once I add another sata drive in here Vista will go on that will see the current ide model removed.

I can later slave the Hitachi in and try some recovery tools for the other owner to see what can saved intact since the photos couldn't be located while the folders and other files seemed to be copied intact from the bad to the good drive.

Trying out the 30gb drive there will show if the other drive or memory is the problem once Windows is up and running. If memory or something is the actual fault you'll see the same problems appear again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom