weird hard drive/ OS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejayfiz

Beta member
I just recently built a new computer and I got a Seagate Barracuda 250GB hd (SATA) and I installed windows vista, and everything was running perfectly until i realized it wouldn't recognize my network cards, and i couldn't find drivers. So i decided to format the drive nd put on xp pro, and during the installation it rebooted the computer nd it wouldn't go past the bios screen. after some frustration i finally decided to unplug the hard drive nd try the computer, and it went past the screen so i figured the drive was screwed up. i sent it back to newegg, and they gave me a new one. so yesterday i tried to install xp pro without the whole vista thing, and same thing happened again. now the drive is screwed, i don't know whether it's the hard drive or the installation, and i don't know what to do =\ any help will be appreciated.. thanks

The same thing happened to me, tried installing xp pro and seemingly got my hdd fried. The problem turned out to be my cd drive?!!! it was kinda an old thing, so i replaced it with a 52x24x52 cd RW and everything worked fine! i dunno, maybe your having the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom