Weird happenings with game-usb adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesouthazn

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

I bought a Dragon "PC Multi Double Power Box 3" (Model No: SAM-PCMDPB3) 2 years ago. It is basically a usb PC to playstation controller adapter so I can use the playstation controller on the PC (pictured here ). For the 2 years I've had it, things have been great - worked perfectly fine.

Recently though, after using the adapter on one usb port for a while, windows xp wouldn't recognize the adapter/controller anymore, but if I switched the adapter to another usb port, it would work fine again; however, after another while of use, the second usb port would stop recognizing the adapter again. The usb ports are not dead as my usb flash drive still works through them so the adapter did not kill the ports, but for some reason, xp just would not recognize the controller being there anymore. Also I can confirm that the usb adapter still works on my third usb port, but I'm afraid soon xp will stop recognizing the controller from the third port also.

When I say xp wouldn't recognize the controller, I mean when I click control panel>game controllers, no controller is listed, and if I try to open JoyToKey, it will say "Couldn't find Joysticks".

I'm asking this question in hopes that XP just has a bug with usb controllers/adapters and someone out there knows a workaround. My PC specs are below just incase it has something to do with the hardware.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: I've tried to recognize the usb adapter from the first two ports mentioned above WHILE in Safe mode, and it still doesn't work, so I don't think it's a conflict with any programs I currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom