Weird?!?! Computer Was On But Actually Wasnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycompisslow

Beta member
I have been leaving my computer on the past several days, but i would usually turn the computer off for 15 minutes every 8 hours or so to let it rest. i have two intake fans and one exhaust fan to keep the system cool. i also have been downloading some files with Azureus. and one night i left the computer on, when i woke up, my computer fans were all running along with the power lights and loading lights, and everything appeared to be normal but the lights for the mouse, moniter, keyboard, and ethernet were not on. i unplugged/replugged the mouse and keyboard in but it was still unresponsive. another weird thing that i noticed was that my loading light(the one that shows that it is busy) wasnt blinking but continually on. so my computer was actually on, but it wasnt. so i would like to know what happened. a surge maybe? and someone taht might know please tell me. thanks for the time

oh yea and i turned it off and restarted and its working fine but i just want to know why it was "on" but really wasnt. thanks

don't turn it off to "let it rest". this will lower the life of the system. a steady temp is less stressful than a temp that rises and falls.

da_foosh_masta said:
don't turn it off to "let it rest". this will lower the life of the system. a steady temp is less stressful than a temp that rises and falls.

Huh? This is completely under my head!! If your system locks up...ahhhhhh like restart it....da........the above quote is completely random! Sheesh!:eek: :rolleyes:

he said he turned off his system for 15 min every 8 hours to "let it rest"
and da_foosh_masta replied it is better to leave it on

as it causes less stress on the hardware from the expanding and contracting from being on or off.
I find it may make your system last longer but it is a miniscule loss most people upgrade in 3 years anyways long before a systems working life is over.

I leave my PC on 24/7. Since I built it it's never been off in about 4 months. Just some restarts here and there. If you use the proper powersaving options in windows, you're better off leaving your PC on.

but cpu's have a life in hundreds of millions of hours, longer than anyone would hope to live
actually, most manufacturers general life span is 50,000 hours....I would say thats quite far from hundreds of millions of hours which would be like....a few hundred years probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom