Weird cd burning problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Weird cd burning problem

Well ok, I'm not sure if it's weird, but it's new to me. Basically after burning an audio cd it will not play in any cd player except the computer, which I built with all new parts about a month ago. It will eventually work after 10-20ejects/inserts for some reason. I have burnt many cds in my life and can't figure this one out. Tried nero, winmedia, roxio.. I don't think the software is the problem. I actually had the same problem with my old computer the last few months I had it. Possibly after a new motherboard upgrade I can't remember. So it seems that the problem may lie in the bios settings which I have checked. I did notice however that my SATA hdd is listed master in IDE channel 0 and my burner(combo drive) is listed master in IDE channel 2. There is no channel 1, if that means anything. I also only have one IDE device, the cd burner. Why the SATA drive is listed as IDE I dont know. I've never built with a SATA drive before. Both the hard drive and the reading portion of the cd player work just fine. It's just burning that doesn't work so well. Data cds are hit and miss. The burn lines are all cleary defined as well. I just don't get it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Weird cd burning problem

not sure , check for the correct settings in the burn properties
Finalize CD etc... Burning as an Audio CD and not DVD . I usually save all audio as MP3 files for burning an audio CD
Thermaltake Armor A90
Corsair HX1000W PS
i7 2600k / Cooler Master Hyper N 520
Asus P8Z68-V Pro / Gen 3
8 GIG Corsair Vengeance
eVGA GTX 570
SB Audigy2 Platinum
Kingston Hyper X120 SSD
WIN 7 - 64b
LG Blue Ray Super Multi Burrner
Logitech THX Z560
3x120mm - 1x200 mm case fans