Weird acitivty after RAM update

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably not, because he said he ran 3 laps of memtest on the new sticks off the bat, and no errors... and with 2GBs that probably took maybe 3hrs maybe more.

hmm that is very weird since all the parts are all compatible and such. Should i suggest just putting the RAM and video card into another mobo and see whats the result if you have a friend or another computer.

We have allready agreed on the testing of the memories on my friends motherboard. Testing will hold place this weekend so more updates to that during weekend. I haven't got futher reply from asus or gainward.
Now I'm going to go and include AMD to the "trash" mailing list :p So you dear ppl who are willing to help, please stay tuned in as I collect more info about the subject. :)

Hey hey I'm back! Been a while... lack of motivation :D so Now I have tested these modules with an alternative system... all 4 modules worked like a charm.... alter system was:

Amd 64 4000+ 939 "San Diego"
Asus A8N-SLI Premium, nForce 4
2x Nvidia GeForce 7800GTX "XFX"
and my precious memory 4x KVR400X64C3A

The thing is we have almost same config in other ways.... both have
windows xp with sp1 so the os shouldn't be the problem... we both have the same foreware 84.21.

What I have been able to do thou is that I have got rid of the texture flaws, by setting the command rate manually to T2. It's normally T2 too but manually setting it got rid of the problem... I would have tweaked the other memory properties manually too but I lack skill :(

So if anyone would have some more great ideas I would be most pleased :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom