Weak PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocer 939

In Runtime
ok my video performance is really poor i have a 6800 card and it gets 18 fps on the css stress test.
The psu is a no name 420w and yes i had the molex plugged into the card.

I had an online friend ask a cis and he said more than likely its the powersupply or the ram but ive done ram tests and those are fine.

what do you guys think and if its the psu i need help picking out a new psu max i will spend is 65 dollars.
oh and it has to fit in an aspire xqpack

It's not just your video card that determine the performance of your game. Amount of RAM you have, CPU power, Harddrive performaces, the motherboard, monitor and even software that are running in the back ground can affect it. Show us the spec on your PC.

ok
1 gig of pc 2700 ram
celeron d
and before you start crying bottle neck i put it an old 5500pci card and it does the same thing!

Alot of people would blame your CPU for the low performance, I would be one of them. Ask any hardcore gamer, celeron aren't powerful enough to run the lastest games. You can try to upgrade your PSU but it won't do anything.

the only thing is on my old system a celeron d and a pci 5500 card played hl2 and css even fear

now when i put it in it doesnt get the performance it used too

When you put what in? You should be able to play the game, I'm not saying it can't but you would experience poor performance.

Are you saying you switch to the 6800 card (BTW it's AGP right?) and it doesn't get the same performance as with a slower PCI card????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom