WD red slow or not detected after power outage

ok now it wont boot in windows after using live cd
winload.efi error 0xe000000e
i tried running repair from windows usb recovery and from the recovery live cd

You'll be better off to just try to get your data from it, that drive is going to be DOA if not already, The more you attempt to use it the worse it's going to get

no I mean my desktop wont boot.
somehow the system drive got screwed up while I was booted up in live cd

I used active@liveCD

I tried to repair mbr from live cd and from dos and using windows recovery and still not booting
and the WD red wasn't even accessible through live cd
it was better just booting up into regular windows I was able to access it more stable

If the borked WD Red drive is connected to your pc, it might cause your pc not to boot ( or if it does, it will be a very slow boot) the bios might recognize this drive but Windows gets stuck trying to access during boot.
Disconnect this drive before attempting to boot your pc

I had to reinstall windows again after this live boot cd

any recommendations which specific live cd I should use?

Ubuntu has worked well for me in the past.

Not sure what would have caused you to have to reinstall windows after booting off of a LiveCD. LiveCD's run off of the disc/flash drive and out of memory.

Just to be on the safe side, disconnect your windows drive before you attempt to recover your WD Red drive using a live boot cd/usb

ok the only way it actually shows up long enough is if I use regular windows to access it
but it stops at zero bytes for long time when copying

is there a software that would skip those bad sectors automatically and copy whatever it can without getting stuck on those all the time?

using live cd I couldn't even access the drive at all
right no wits copying but gets stuck on corrupted files alot

A Linux CD couldn't detect it? Odd. I've only had that happen when the drive is totally FUBAR'd and not even Windows detects it.

You can try copying individual files, or smaller blocks of files. Nothing that I know of I guess for copying that'll skip bad sectors.

yea I tried it for 2 days every possible way and it would show up and disappear all the time
and files were not accessible at all under live cd
I ended up screwing up my os too lol

now its copying I copied about 20 gb already out of 1TB lol
but it takes long time because it keeps trying to read bad sectors for hours

im copying folder by folder like you said

so far its been constantly on for 2 days and even though its slow access it still works for whatever fn reason
that's what I mean this makes no sense
it does not make any abnormal sounds
when I scan it shows randomly scattered small damaged sectors unlike any other bad drives that ive scanned

sometimes it doesn't detect other times it shows up just fine...
and when it failed it failed within 2 days also unlike other drives that were slowly degrading

Back
Top Bottom