WD 250GB hard drive wont move my files

Status
Not open for further replies.

samwatkins

Beta member
Hi, Im new to the forums.

Im having problems with my external harddrive i backed up all my data so i could sort out my virus problem which i used the removal of viruses guide on this site. After, my computer was "cleaned" i plugged in my harddrive and and it was recongnized by Vista but when i try to move all my data back to where it belongs it wont move back. Could this be a virus problem or is my system in need off a proper virus "hunt" and a good virus "clean". i can access the files they just wont go on my computer

Thanks,

Sam

Could it be my hard drive infected with a virus is so tell me how to remove it

What happens when you try to transfer files? Do you get an error message? You'll need to be more specific than 'it doesn't work' ;)

You should of left the external drive plugged in during the scans you already performed. If one or more of your backup files was infected then it won't be long before your whole PC is crap again. Try using one of these, just one not both, to scan your external drive for any viruses.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
or
AVG Free - Free Antivirus Download | Antivirus Software for Windows 7, Vista and XP

When you backed-up your files did you manually copy them over or did you use a Back-Up Utility? If you used a Back-Up Utility then you'll need to use it again to restore the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom