Vr

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenghisChris

Beta member
Hi all, I just found this well subscribed forum, I've recently been looking into the advancments in VR and see that not much is happening in this field, even though there has been some great leaps in technology.

I've seen VR Head Mounted Displays (HMD) that can sent a 1280x1024 image to both eyes, motion tracking technology is coming along in leaps and bounds (used so your actions are acted in vr) and controllers are becoming motion sensitive (Wii nunchuck for example)

plus PC's by going quad core, 64 bit, DX10 and a host of other improvments are running better than ever meaning you can run increadibly sophisticated graphics

so my big question is. Is it possible to input a model of yourself directly into a game, where you see through your sprites eyes?

the nearest I've found to this is some guys messing around with quake more than 10 years ago... It seems like all the peices are there, they just need to be put together!

I mean 1280x1024 is plenty of detail to immerse yourself in. imagine being able to be in any game you ever played, where you are the character... surely it will happen soon

Something to ponder over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom