Visual loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arktik

Beta member
I dont quite know the exact cause of this problem, and that is why i am asking here, im not sure if it is hardware or software but here are the symptoms:

Ill be playing a game or just doing anything and randomly about 1-2 times a day of using the computer (note: doesnt happen frequently, but it does happen) the screen goes black and i can hear the tower still processing but then it just goes quiet.

It just happened when i was playing counter strike with some friends, and first the picture froze for about a second and a half with the sound looping, then the screen went black and the sound continued to loop, i could say stuff in teamspeak still and it was being processed. Then the sound stops looping and i have to restart by the button on the tower.

This has happened during Counterstrike, battlefield 2, Postal 2, rise of legends, and just at the desktop with nothing running so its not a problem with me running a game or anything like that im sure.

Like i said i don't know if this is hardware or software but i REALLY would like to know the cause of this. I'm thinking its my onboard sound card, its a C-Media onboard AC97 something and i saw on the forums there they had this problem but i am not sure if it is this. Any other ideas would be very helpful.

PS: I cleaned my pc about 2 mounths ago and the fans are all working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom