Vista screen goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
Hi once again i was working on a computer for a friend and it has me stumped. Randomly the screen goes black and the computer restarts. Any idea what can cause this. I am currently running virus and malware scans. The computer had several bad registry and so far sever malware, but at this point no viruses. Also like in my other post on this thread this computer again has an unknown device in the device manager, and yes this computer has a memory card reader, and once again i everything i keep finding says memory card readers don't need drives so non have been found. Also in device manager there is ! at Microsoft 6to4 Adapter and Microsoft 6to4 #2

Specs all parts are factory original

emachine ET1161-03

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ / 2.3 GHz
Duel Core 64

Main-board
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE

Graffix
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 128mb integrated

Please dont bump your topic within hours of posting it.

Is this a laptop or a desktop? Have you considered things like the video card overheating? The system overheating? Driver issues?

Is the system fully up to date to Vista SP2? Does it have all hotfixes and patches applied?

Sounds like a heating issue. You should be able to use the Vista admin tools to see what is causing the restarts. If not download a temp monitor and see what your temps are.

As Mak said make sure you have all the updates, but generally speaking a quick restart with no other symptoms means that something is overheating.

First sry for bumping so soon. Now yes i have updated everything. I have not checked temps, i am new to vista, what am i looking for, to get the error report for the restart? I'm not saying overheat is impossible but this is an older lady so her PC is off a lot.

Start>run>eventvwr.msc

That will bring up the Event Viewer just like it did for XP. That will tell you about system issues and error reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom