vista was put on sleep mode now wont do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
i built this pc for my sis a few weeks ago is been working great.
Yesterday she put it on sleep mode and now wen i turn it on nothing comes up on the monitor .
The machine turns on then shuts off for a sec and come back up but no image.
could it be a bios problem?do i have to reset it? if so how do i do it with nothing coming up on the monitor?

thanks in advance

You getting a bios splash screen, or just nothing atall?

Cheers.

~ Tkey

nothing no image on screen i used that same monitor last night and was fine i don't think is the monitor

If theres no splash screen i'm going hardware.
What other components we got to play with?

Cheers,

~ Tkey

this problem only happend after it was put on sleep mode

mobo ASUS P5Q SE plus LGA775 Intel P45+ICH10
Graphics card HD4030
core 2 duo wolfdale E8400 3.0ghz

By sleep mode I guess you meen windows sleep mode?
If so, i can't see as it's related to your graphics problem as you would at least see the BIOS splash screen.

Try resetting the CMOS, that should clear any settings preventing the mobo to start up correctly.

Tkey

It was a bios issue i poped the battery from the mobo and and set everything on bios like i had it b4 now is working fine.
i think is safe to say problem solved.

thanks for the help u never know what really wrong untill u try stuff i guess

Resetting the CMOS worked, brilliant :)
Not quite sure what would of caused it but guess it was like "switching it off and on again" ;)

Have a good new year mate ;)

Tkey

you to man.
I research it b4 i posted here and read some odd stuff happening to pcs wen they were put to sleep mode not only on vista but on xp as well i never used sleep mode myself so this is the first time i encountered the issue.
My sis happend to press it by accident since its really close to shutdown and it must have messed something in bios.
I had a feeling it had to do with bios and reseting it might fix the issue but i like to be sure b4 i do things din't want to complicate something else in the process. you know how it is with pcs

thanks all and happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom