Vista, Lost Planet, and 8800GTS issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
So, I took the DX10 leap awhile ago. Mainly because I upgrade every 1.5 to 2 years. And it's that time. Right now I'm running-

ASUS A8N SLI-Premium
AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHZ
OCZ Platinum 1.5gigs.
Enermaz Libtery 550W Mod.
8800GTS 320MB
74gig raptor, 160gig, 320 gig

I'm in the process of getting a Q6600 quad, 4gigs of G skill(im ordering them tonight!), and a Gigabyte P35 mobo I found. Anyway, that's besides the point.

I updated the 8800GTS with the latest drivers. I can start up Lost Planet, run it at 1280x720, most settings on high, some on medium, with AA and AF on, i think 4xAA and 8xAF or something.

Anyway, I can play for a few, then out of no where, the game will crash without warning. The screen goes black and theirs still sound. I havent played any other game with it yet, and I haven't had any other issues with my computer what so ever after going to Vista. In fact I found my computer just as fast and more stable then with XP haha.

I'm guessing this is just another dirver issue with Vista. Oh and I'm running 32-bit, not 64-bit (ill go 64-bit in awhile).

Anyone else experience this issue or one smiliar?

try taking off any oc you might have done, then try again. Also what kind of temperatures are you getting?

Dude, my temps are just fine. That's not a problem at all. I've been running that OC for months and months now. my temps are just dandy. Last time I checked I was running 32 C idle and lower 40's under load. And my vid card temps are just fine, as is my system temp.

It's not temp related, I'm starting to think it's a driver issue.

It can very well be related to OC, just because you have been OC for two months, have you been playing the game for that long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom