Vista CD won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenapples

In Runtime
When I go to boot from CD it just goes to the default operating system uBuntu is there anyway I can partion it some it will work. It will not even show the Vista Logo btw I bought Vista Home Premium

Hello,

What operating systems do you currently have installed?

Are you intending to format and install Windows Vista, or are do you want to set up a dual boot configuration with Ubuntu and Windows Vista?

Make sure that your CD drive is set as the primary boot device in your BIOS settings before attempting boot into the installation disc.

Like Alvin said, make sure you have your cd drive set to boot priority. Can also try manually selecting the drive by going to the boot menu (usually F12).

I was using windows vista ultimate 64 bit I tried from menu f12 it stays bkan is thereany command I can type?

As mentioned, either go into the BIOS settings when you first turn on the system and set the CD drive as the primary boot device, or press the designated key to bring up the boot option menu (from which you can choose which device to boot into). What key this is depends on what BIOS you have installed on your motherboard - the key to press is usually shown at the bottom of the screen when you first turn on the system.

I have Ubuntu 9.04 on the whole hard drive and usually when I use GRUB it only shows all Ubuntu, I also went to the BIOS and made it boot from CD. I want to get rid of Ubuntu!

It will boot Ubuntu itself and it says somethingn about my ethernet unsuppoted press enter to continue then it brings up the same message

You are going to need to boot from a recovery cd go to the recovery console try fixmbr then try fixboot then exit and restart. I have done this many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom