Virus --> Sound Issues --> Reformat --> Still Sound Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

craw4d42

Beta member
I recently downloaded a virus last week and it caused me to receive pop-ups, slow my internet down, and cause havoc on my processing power. I got most of it off, but somehow somewhere along the way my sound coming from my Logitech Z-2300 speakers starting going haywire. I recently reformatted my entire system and I am now running windows Vista. (I had Vista before the virus as well and sound worked fine, at least I think it did. I only had Vista for a day before I got the virus) My issues that I am having are below

-Music functions normally from Windows Media Player and iTunes until you start doing something else and the sound will cut out immediately.

-The first time this happend I was trying to record of Media Center with my TV Tuner

-I have the Audigy Z-2S disc that came with my computer, but it didn't seem to fix the problem while Vista searched for a solution on the disk. (I installed some stuff but It didn't fix anything)

-It does say on startup my PCI slot needs and can't find a driver.

These are my problems in a nutshell and If anybody can help me I would be greatly appreciated. I love my sound and music!!! If you all need more information I'll keep checking this repeatedly throughout the week.

My specs of my desktop are: Dell E510, 2.8 Dual Core, 2 Gig Memory, 250 gig HD, 256 Geforce 7300le, Audigy Sound Blaster 2-ZS soundcard, Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers.

You need Vista drivers for the sound card. This is the main reason I have not and will not purchase VIsta until After service pack 2, at a minimum, is released for Vista. It is a memory hog and there are very few drivers. We all faced the same thing when MS bumped up to XP from 98SE/ME. XP was buggy until service Pack 2. I would consider, If I were you, putting Vista on the shelf until most of the bugs are worked out. I guarentee you won't have sound card issues with XP. Hold on to Vista until at least Service Pack 1 is released and use for XP for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom