Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sum1nowhere

Baseband Member
I have a visus or spyware that is stopping me from actually downloading Adaware and updating my spybot. Any ideas how I can fix this? It is blocking the connection of spybot to the updates.

Well I managed to get the spybot updates but there are still a ton of things wrong with this computer. It wont let me do selective start up under msconfig it is saying I do not have access.

Try to start in safe mode then type msconfig in your run box. Then look for any programs that are atarting and anything that you dont reconize ///not system or virus scanners but stuff like my browser buddy and crap like that. Then try to update your spybot and run your spyware programs. Also most virus scanners have an option to scan on boot enable that and reboot.

have you gone through Warez's guide? It might just be easier to reformat. you'll be surprised how much faster it will make your computer.

Well it is not my computer, if it was I would just reformat. I downloaded all the updates for spybot off the website manually but even after doing that and running adaware (which by the way the virus was blocking every ad-aware download website with an error message saying "the spyware on your computer is blocking this site") and running avg. It still gave me an error message when i tried the update button with all 3 its blocking the connection or something.

The msconfig does not show anything suspicious it is just when I uncheck the load startup items box it tells me I do not have authorization and suggests I log in as admin, which I am.

Hmmmmm I've seen this be4, I ended up reformatting the comp.

It's taken away ur admin rights, In my case the customer installed some type of spam program from the net.

You can try making a new acct with admin rights to stop the startup progs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom