Video won't play smoothly; choppy, "sticking" video

bagelred

In Runtime
Someone please help me diagnose the problem.

My system "sticks" when watching video. Meaning, it's as if watching video with not enough "frames per second" to make it a smooth picture. But this doesn't happen all the time.

This happens when I watch "LiveTV" on my PC as part of my cable service. Not a smooth picture. Certain videos on YouTube will be choppy. And the system in general, seems to "stick". For example, flash ads on websites don't appear smooth.

However, certain things work well, particularly Netflix. When I watch Netflix, the picture is perfect, just as if I'm watching on my HD television.

I thought it might be my broadband, but I just upgraded to Time Warner Extreme Speed (30 Mbps) and yet its still a choppy picture.

The system is fairly new too. Less than 6 months. Is it my specs? My video card? Flash player? If someone can help me diagnose and help solve problem, that would be fantastic.

Just let me know what info. you need from me:

Here's the specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
x64
AMD A8-3800 with Radeon HD Graphics, 2400 Mhz
6 GB Memory
Lenovo H415 Desktop
AMD Radeon HD 6550D

Time Warner Cable Internet Connection - Ethernet Connection

He is running a fusion APU the GPU core is built into his processor...

Go to the AMD website and download the chipset and APU drivers from the Lenovo website... they are just regular programs to run and install they will refresh the drivers for you ...

also make sure you have the latest codecs for whatever type of video you are playing

Can someone walk me through it ? whenever i search for drivers, i see a dozen different things or more. don't know what i'm supposed to download......confusing.

Went to AMD website. Downloaded an AMD Driver Downloader, which automatically scans computer and downloads right driver...supposedly. Let it do its thing, recommended driver, downloaded, installed, and.....same thing. No difference. LiveTV still looks choppy and "sticking".

?

Tried Hulu as well. Same thing. Choppy, sticking video. After about 30 seconds, you don't want to watch it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom